Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sooooo Cosy...

The Little Cracker aboard The Flying Tortoise is one of the most valuable of things I have around me... not only does it do a highly efficient job of keeping me warm and dry, allows me to cook on its top or in its firebox, it enables me to heat large quantities of water... see the thirty litre aluminium container in another post, specially designed to fit atop the firebox... turn the tap and hey presto, hot water for living and to fill the bath for indoor delights on a cold winter's night and yes, that's it, the romantic ambiance it evokes... you can take all your gas and diesel heaters and put them where the sun doesn't shine. There is nothing to equal the feeling of an open fire... you can watch it for hours. I like the carrying wood, chopping water thing, an hour spent wood gathering can keep you happy for days... and there is nothing like the smell of freshly cut Manuka or Macrocarpa...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment