Friday, March 8, 2013

The Treehouses Of Japanese Designer Carpenter Tokashi Kobayashi...

Sometimes I wonder says Tokashi Kobayashi, where I'd be now if, sixteen years ago I hadn't moved to that little wooden apartment in the back alleys of Harajuku.
I think about the living Himalaya Cedar I found there and how my life changed.
What is it that attracts anyone to treehouses? I've come to think the answer lies in the vitality of the trees. Everlasting life.
Treehouse building has taken me to forests and woodlands across Japan and around the globe. And everywhere I've seen the same nameless light I've had within myself for so many years.
I have the desire to share it with as many people as possible. And I will continue with the one-of-a-kind treehouse creations.
My companion is life itself and as long as there are undiscovered trees still waiting...
Takashi is a self taught designer carpenter of over 120 bespoke treehouses in Japan. Interestingly in that country there are regulations prohibiting people sleeping in them overnight.
I don't have one of my own says Takashi, that is my dream, to stay in my own treehouse and enjoy the quiet moments...








Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I would never make it up all thoae steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The man has a wonderful philosophy on life but: " I think that I will ever see a poem as lovely as a tree" as it is intended to be.

    ReplyDelete